In the last couple of years it has been difficult to find the time to make Cheese. My creative energies have been focused on music production. Maybe some day soon I will be ready to get back to my Cheese Making. Until then I have entertained myself by attempting to perfect and expand on my lexicon of offerings of Cheese Spread. I wanted to expound on my efforts in the hopes that others will be encouraged to try their own hand and quite possibly we may fill the world with Cheese.
There are some key elements that are needed for Cheese Spreadery and the most helpful tool I have discovered is a food processor My beautiful wife and I invested in a Cuisenart. This is a robust tool that allows me to quickly get the consistancy and the blend I am seeking. It also alows me to work quickly. The other item that requires mentioning or clarification is the fact that when I say Mayonaise I am referring to homemade Mayonaise which is one of my wifes specialties. I mention this and other things not to level the playing field or to discourage you from trying but more to encourage you to seek to use whole foods and the freshest ingredients, not because it is the trendy thing to do but because preservatives are just not good for you and they don't taste good. Heres the deal. If you cannot pronounce every ingredient, then put it back on the shelf. It's just that easy. The other Guilty pleasure of mine is to walk the two blocks from my house to Mandros International Foods to get my cheese. I will post later on the plusses and minuses of Mandros but suffice it to say I didn't have to drive to get the goods. Ok enough of that, here is the Psuedo recipe.
1 cup chedder
1 cup Smoked Gouda
2 Tbls Mayonnaise
3 ounces Cream cheese
1/2 of a yellow Bell Pepper
1 pickled Hot Pepper from my Garden(no seeds for me, deviate at your own risk)
2 dashes of Worchester Sauce
1 tspn cayenne (to taste)
Salt to taste
Mix it up and bring it to me and we will both decide if it is any good. Please get creative and taste and add until it tastes right.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment